There are lots of articles on the health benefits of warm lemon water so this post acts as an overview of the main health benefits.
Warm lemon water health benefits
- Aids digestion by flushing out unwanted materials and toxins from the body. This also cleanses your system.
- Boosts your immune system because lemons are high in vitamin C and potassium.
- Balances pH levels. In my opinion this is the ‘biggest seller’ for drinking lemon water because it removes the overall acidity of your body first thing in the morning. Uric acid in joints is also reduced which is the primary cause of pain and inflammation.
- Clears skin due to its antioxidant properties which not only decreases wrinkles by helps fight free radical damage.
- Gives you energy.
- Promotes healing.
- Aids in weight loss.
Breakfast and your heart
I have often found that after drinking lemon water I don’t feel hungry for a while but it is very important not to skip breakfast because a recent study has linked breakfast, eating something within a hour of waking up, with a healthy heart. So take breakfast about 15 minutes after taking your warm lemon water.
Posted by Gerald Murphy
- BBC. (2013) Breakfast linked to ‘healthy heart’. [Online] [Accessed on 26th July 2013]
- Yummies, T. (no date) 10 Benefits to Drinking Warm Lemon Water Every Morning. [Online] [Accessed on 26th July 2013]